December 30, 2004, at the evening, Ernesto Valdes Perez […] had an unpleasant experience with deadly consequences, when he almost died of long exposure to the carbon monoxide. He crawled out to the balcony, following his instinct, and activated the alarm that attracted the help of the Green Cross and the police and later on the morbid presence of the television with helicopters. However, they didn’t find anything serious, nor the victims. Thanks God for this miracle that happened in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, at the foot of the Saddle Mountain.
He made this retablo to the Virgin of Guadalupe in gratitude for saving his life.